Jenny Craig Wednesday Weight Update #10

Wednesday 18 May 2016

I'm BACK after a break of two weeks.

I caught 'Man Flu' from my darling husband so I decided to take two weeks off from my Jenny Craig program.  I decided to do this because, after much experience with being sick for extended periods in the past, I didn't want to waste the program when I was more than likely to be sitting at home not wanting to eat and not doing any exercise.

I have auto-immune issues that play havoc with my immune system so when I get a cold I am usually sick for more time than a regular healthy person would be.

This time was no different, BUT it did take me much longer to actually get sick.  Usually my husband would just have to breath on me and I'd be sick a few hours later.  This time it took almost three weeks for me to actually catch it.  So I am hoping this is down to healthy eating and exercise potentially boosting my immune system.

I took the two weeks off but I tried to remain healthy by eating good foods and keeping my water intake up.  I was taking some steroid-based medicine so that probably didn't help with the weight.

The one thing I didn't do was eat anywhere near as much food as I do when I am on the program.  I simply had no appetite so when I was eating it was soups and small bowls of vegetables, combined with Lemsip and Panadol.

I've also been really struggling with my illness-induced asthma.  Asthma totally freaks me out as I don't get it on a regular basis and when I do, it's either exercise-induced or because I am sick.  So when I find I am wheezy I am convinced I am dying and I go into a panic :-/

So this week I am feeling a lot better and I went in for my weigh-in today.  I've gained 1.5kgs over the two weeks whilst I was sick but I am actually surprisingly happy with that.  I knew I'd put on weight but was convinced it was a gain of something stupid like 4kgs.

I think I am changing the way I look at food and seeing it as fuel rather than something to simply stuff my face with.  I am also looking at exercise differently and enjoying it rather than it being something that is just an inconvenience.

Talking of exercise, before I got struck down with the lurgy, I was actually attempting a slow jog (more like shuffle) and really enjoying it.  I'm aiming to get back into this hopefully in a week or two when I've fully gotten over my cold.

So even though I've gained weight, I know I will lose it again very quickly and it's nothing to stress about.  We can't always have a perfect week where there's a weight-loss.  Things happen and it's just how life is.  So I am remaining positive and going to continue my weight-loss journey with Jenny Craig.

At the end of the 12 week program I am signing up for another 12 weeks.  I've seen a huge difference in myself after deciding to do the Jenny Craig program and I want to continue along a positive and healthy path until I resemble a SUPER-MODEL!  Well, maybe not a super-model.  Let's just aim to be fit and healthy and not have to shop only in plus-sized stores!

I've linked Jenny Craig in the description bar below the video, in case you are interested in a program yourself.  I highly recommend it.  It's been an amazing experience so far.

Enjoy,

Dixie Girlxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design