Jenny Craig Update: Husband Sabotage & Willpower

Sunday 13 March 2016

This week was my second full week on the Jenny Craig program and it was a lot different to last week.

If you've watched my update video you will know we've had some ridiculously hot weather over the week and the hottest March night ever on record on Tuesday so I've been really struggling with my appetite.  It's been pretty much non-existent during the hot weather and I've really found it difficult to eat all my food every day.

There have been some days where I've missed one of my snacks, or even two of my snacks, because I've had no appetite at all.  So I really need to make sure I eat because this is a balanced diet based on my weight and height and if I don't eat what I am supposed to eat, I won't be getting the calories I need to give me energy throughout the day.  I have been trying to drink 2.5 litres of water each day though so that I don't dehydrate.

I also struggled with exercise this week.  I've been trying to walk three times a week for about 30 minutes to an hour but this week... not so much.  Being a larger woman, I get HOT and SWEATY very easily and I literally nearly passed out trying to exercise in 39 degree heat.  BUT I've found a solution!


I've dusted off the exercise bike!!  This will come in really handy if we have anymore hot Autumn days or downpours in the colder months.  I've also got a treadmill somewhere in the garage but it's buried under junk at the moment.

I've noticed my stomach area is much flatter this last week and also my face shape is changing.  I've only got one and a half chins now rather than the two or three I had when I started.  I'm also noticing that the pair of three quarter jeans that I wore on my first weigh-in are now too baggy and are in danger of falling down.  I'm still not small enough to drop to the next clothes size down, but I don't think it will be too long.  I noticed this morning that my bra is fitting me better as well.


This is my gorgeous husband, Kevin, and our little baby Byron.  My husband is amazing and has been nothing but supportive and encouraging.  BUT he works at a large food manufacturer and is able to bring products home at the end of the week.  So quite often our house is full of potato chips, peanuts, popcorn (which I LOVE) and other tempting snacks.

Kevin also works an afternoon shift, getting him home at around 11.30 at night.  He then has his evening meal or a snack and quite often climbs into bed and snacks on chocolate.

I'm pleased to say - as I usually have no willpower at all and would quite happily snack along with Kevin - that I haven't been tempted at all.  Even though I am bone idle and totally lazy, once I start something, I like to stick to it and I'd hate to sabotage myself by munching down a bar of chocolate or a bag of potato chips.

Here's some of the delicious food I got to enjoy this week...


Cranberry & Vanilla Muesli.


Beef Massaman.  This was really delicious.  Slightly spicy and tender meat and I had a side of broccoli and green beans.


Tuna Pasta.  O.M.G. this was delicious.  


Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni.  Something I haven't tried before but I will definitely eat again.  Really tasty.  As you can see, I've been eating beans and cauliflower as my vegetable serves pretty much every day.  I need to change that up a bit.


Choc Molten Cake. YUUUUM!


Shepherd's Pie - a favourite of mine.


Last but by no means least, Choc Mousse.  This was so quick and easy.  You just pour the sachet into a jug of milk, whisk it up, pop it into a bowl and then into the fridge for around 10 minutes until it sets.  Delicious, light and fluffy chocolate mousse.

I went for my weigh-in on Wednesday morning.  I met with my consultant, Nita and she talked me through what happened the previous week and what I should be working towards in week 3.  We went through the menu and I got on the scales.

I'm happy to say I've lost another 1.5kgs (3.3lbs) bringing my total weight lost to...

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo!! You go girlfriend.

    Good on you for dusty off the exercise bike xx

    ReplyDelete

Hayley Larue Design