Jenny Craig Update | Down in the Dumps | Food Phobia?

Sunday 27 March 2016

J E N N Y   C R A I G  U P D A T E

If you watched my latest Jenny Craig YouTube videos you'll be up-to-date with my weight loss and measurements.  You'll also know I've been struggling to eat everything on my menu each week.

I've been doing great in terms of dropping kilos but for some reason the last couple of weeks have been a real struggle in terms of how I am feeling about myself.  I've been feeling really flat and down in the dumps and I have no real idea why.  I think it may be to do with not fitting into clothes I want to wear and being too small to fit into what I was wearing a month ago.

Don't get me wrong.  Not fitting into the clothes I was wearing a month ago is a great achievement but I just feel like I am either wearing tents or sometime too tight and therefore I feel incredibly uncomfortable.

In terms of my actual weight-loss, after four weeks I am now down 7 kilos (15.43bls).  I'm also a dress size smaller.  I've technically gone from a 22 to a 20.  I can easily fit into an 18 in some things but I am still not at the point where I am comfortable having my 'bits that stick out' being visible to everybody else.


M E A S U R E M E N T S

At my first consultation with Tammy at Jenny Craig I had my measurements taken and at the four week mark they were taken again.

Here are my results:

Arms: No loss
Bust: 5.5cm lost
Under Bust: 0.5cm lost
Waist: 6cm lost
Abdomen: 6cm lost
Hips: 5cm lost
Thighs: 4cm lost

I'm very very happy with the loss of centimetres.  I really notice it around my middle section and my bras are now a little on the sloppy side.  I also went and ordered a whole bunch of tops online from Target and out of habit I got a size 22 in all of them.  I tried them on on Wednesday before going to Jenny Craig for my weigh-in and my husband basically said they looked ridiculous and took me back to Target to get a smaller size!! 

The other thing I am struggling with is food itself.  I'm really enjoying the food from Jenny Craig but I am struggling to eat everything and I've almost developed a phobia of eating.  I've been trying to figure  out what's actually going on in my head and I think it's a fear of over-eating now that I have lost a nice amount of weight.

I'm feeling very full and really finding it a challenge to eat all my meals but I'm also freaking out slightly that if I eat all of them I will gain the weight that I've lost.  I realise when I am thinking logically that this is completely ridiculous and that I am eating a balanced diet created to help me shed the kilos.  But in my irrational mind, I am freaking out that if I eat six meals a day I am going to gain weight rather than lose it.

I take a long time to actually commit to something because I am lazy and it's easier not to do it, but when I finally get off my behind and actually start doing something, I can be a little obsessive.

My goals for the coming weeks are to set alarms (which I am already doing) so that I remember to eat each meal.  Also to NOT freak out when I do eat the meals.  I will lose the weight if I eat the menu that's been provided.

E X E R C I S E

Something I dislike and would rather not do but again, once I commit I can be a little obsessive.  I bought myself a nice new pair of Nike runners.  Who doesn't like new exercise gear?  I always feel better if I'm wearing something nice to exercise in.  

These are actually mens runners.  I have HUGE feet.  

The details are below in case you are interested in something similar.


As for actual workout gear - I need new stuff desperately.  I'm looking into that this week!  Most of the stuff I have is too big and too old.  If I buy anything I'll do a post about it.


So here's my post-workout sweaty selfie.  I don't feel like I've actually worked out properly unless I am dripping in sweat.  Definitely hot and sweaty in this photo.

With that, I am going to end this post before it turns into an essay.  I'll catch you in a few days time.  Ohhh and if anyone has recommendations for workout clothes for larger (size 20) ladies, please let me know.  Much appreciated.

Enjoy,

Dixie Girlxox 





1 comment:

  1. Hell yes! You are doing amazing! I LOVE your new runners! Red is such a great colour!

    In regards to feeling a little flat. Maybe have a check up with your doctor and get your vitamin levels checked (specifically iron)... I remember feeling the exact same way and my iron levels were extremely low and once I got on top if it with a supplement, I felt so much better and my mood actually lifted as well! Definitely don't be afraid to eat! When I lost 20kg ,I was eating the most I had ever eaten. AS long as you know the food is good for you, putting fuel in your body is such an important thing. You're doing amazing and keep telling yourself that every day!!! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete

Hayley Larue Design