Philips VisaPure Facial Cleanser - Overview and Photos

Wednesday 12 March 2014

 
 
The Philips VisaPure is a facial cleansing brush that cleans the face up to 10 times more effectively than regular washing.  It has a sleek design and charges via a docking station.  It comes with a normal brush head and an extra sensitive brush head, also a protective pouch to protect it while travelling. 
 
 
The VisaPure comes in a pale pink or pale blue and sits in a silver docking station that attaches to a cable for charging purposes.
 
 
The brush rotates 360 degrees and is gentle enough on the skin to be used twice daily.
 
It's water proof and can easily be used in the shower.  There is 30 minutes of cordless use and 6 hour charge.  There is a one minute cleaning time and the VisaPure switches off after the minute to prevent over use on the skin.
 
 
I use the VisaPure for 20 seconds on my nose and chin, 20 seconds on my forehead and then 10 seconds on each cheek, avoiding the middle of my cheek where I have a lot of redness.
 
The only negative I have found is the docking station is really unsteady.  I charge my VisaPure and then remove it from the docking station and lay it down to prevent it getting knocked over.
 
I am doing a weekly visual diary so that I can explain the stages I am going through and you can see photos as I go along.
 
My skin is prone to redness and I suffer from rosacea on my forehead and nose.  I don't have a lot of lines for my age but I do have some sun damage.
 
BRACE YOURSELVES!
 
 
AAARRRGGGHHHHH! 
 
 
Okay so this is after almost two weeks of use and as you can see my skin is badly broken out around my nose and chin.  This is known as the 'purging' stage and is common when using a cleansing brush.  BUT don't panic, this doesn't last.
 
 
So far I have noticed that it's very gentle on the skin but my skin feels much cleaner after use than it does when I cleanse regularly.  It's gentle enough on my skin that I can use it morning and night.  I also own a Clarisonic and I can only use the Clarisonic at night as I find it too harsh to use twice a day.
 
 
I am finding that the overall surface of my skin is much smoother and there are a lot less little bumps.  Even though there is a lot of redness in these photos, I can see it improving.
 
 
My skin feels smoother and softer and my makeup is going on much better and the foundation is much easier to apply as I am finding I have a lot less dry and dead skin on my face.
 
I was initially worried that the brush head rotates a full 360 degrees as I was concerned about the skin being dragged but the VisaPure is so gentle there is no damage.
 
I use Philosophy Purity cleanser five times a week and on Monday and Thursdays I use Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for an intense clean.  You can use any cleanser but I would advise steering clear of anything with exfoliating beads as this could potentially clog the brush head and it's also unnecessary.
 
The Philips VisaPure retails for $199.95 and can be purchased at Harvey Norman, Dick Smith and Big W.  The replacement brush heads retail at $19.95
 
I will add more photos in the next week or so, so that you can see the improvement in my skin.  Overall I am really happy with the VisaPure.  It's a great way to cleanse the skin and leave it soft and glowing.
 
******************************************************
 
Please stop by my pages and like, follow and subscribe:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design