A Guide to Purchasing Beauty Products on eBay

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Hey everyone. 

I've done this blog post to show you some of the products I have purchased on eBay and provided a guide to help if you are considering purchasing beauty products online.


 
I've been buying on eBay for 10 years and I've only ever purchased three items that turned out to be fake.  One of the reasons I buy from eBay is because some of the beauty products I am interested in simply are not available in Australia and this is one of my purchasing options.  If you are sensible, do your research, check out prices and feedback, you will be happy with your purchases.
 
Three sellers I highly recommend are:
 
http://stores.ebay.com.au/spoposhop/
 
This seller is absolutely lovely.  They go out of their way to help me every time I purchase from them.
 
They stock EOS lip balms (LOVE), Urban Decay, makeup brushes, great false eyelashes, Real Techniques brushes, Too Faced, NARS, Origins amongst many other amazing authentic products.
 
I highly recommend this seller and I have been buying from them for a long time.
 
http://stores.ebay.com.au/stvabeauty/
 
This seller is an authorized retailer of Sigma products, they have a great range of NYX products, eyelashes, OPI and other great buys.
 
Really great seller, super quick to post the items and generally a great experience shopping with them.
 
http://stores.ebay.com.au/iluvidbareescentualsmaccharms/
 
This seller has a huge variety of products in her store, amongst the items are MAC, Sigma, Clinique, NYX, OPI, Lime Crime and many more amazing products.  She has a really high positive feedback and the quality of the products is amazing.
 
I've been buying from this store for a long time and I am very happy with them.
 
These are some of the things to look for when purchasing from eBay.


 
  • Know your prices.  Generally good quality authentic products won't come cheap.  If it's too cheap it's usually damaged, fake or used.

  • Check that the seller has sold a high number of items.  New sellers can sometimes be unreliable.


  • Check the seller's feedback.  Make sure they have a high percentage of positive feedback.  I usually won't touch a seller unless they have 99.3% or above of positive feedback.

  • Check the seller's negative and neutral feedback.  If there is mention of fake products then steer clear.


  • When checking negative and neutral feedback, look at the sellers' response to this.  If the seller is rude or aggressive, again I would steer clear.  Usually more trouble than they are worth.

  • If you purchase something that you suspect is fake you can usually take the product to a physical store and ask them to authenticate it for you.  Most stores are more than happy to do this.

  • ALWAYS pay using Paypal.  You are protected if you use Paypal. Sellers have to offer this option.  If they don't then don't buy.


  • If you do receive a fake product then email the seller and let them know.  Most times they will ask you to send the product back (at your cost via registered mail) and they will then offer a refund.  If they refuse to refund or say the product is authentic then you can lodge a dispute via Paypal.  You will then most likely have to return the product via registered mail (at your cost) and provide proof to Paypal.  Once you have done this you will then, in most situations, be offered a refund.

I hope this information has helped you and please, if you have any questions, leave me comments in the description bar and I will do my best to answer them for you.
Dixie Girl xox
(Kate)

**************************************************
 
Please stop by my pages and like, follow and subscribe:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design