Born Pretty Holographic Powder | Live Application

Monday 5 September 2016

OH MY GOODNESS I'm in love.

Born Pretty Store very kindly sent me out their brand new Holographic Laser Powder for trial and review  on my YouTube channel.

Now there are a few of these products about. Some are great and most I've tried, honestly, are rubbish.  So I was over the moon excited when I tried this one.  It's ultra fine and applies beautifully to the nail, leaving each nail with a beautiful holographic rainbow.

I tried two methods of application; the first being the handy little makeup applicator which comes with the product.  This works a dream so stick to it.  I also tried a silicone tool which was a complete and utter fail!  It works brilliantly with some chrome pigments I've used but with this, it was just useless.

The best way to apply the powder (if you are using it over gel polish) is:

1. Apply your chosen colours and cure.

2. Apply a no-wipe top coat and cure.  If you do not have a no-wipe top coat, remove the inhibition layer of your top coat with a lint free cloth or kitchen roll.

3. Apply the holographic powder to each nail and remove any excess with a soft brush.  There should not be any significant excess.  You barely need any product to cover each nail.

4. When you are happy with your coverage, top coat (twice for good measure) remembering to seal the free edge to prolong the life of your manicure.



REMEMBER: This product goes a LONG WAY.  You barely need anything to cover a nail.  Add a tiny bit and if you need more, add some, rather than going in too heavy handed.

I can't recommend this highly enough.  It's just beautiful.  If you apply it correctly over a gel polish of your choice, you should see exactly what you see in my photo and video, the colour of the gel polish underneath with the beautiful holographic effect on top.  Too much powder will just cancel out the colour of polish underneath.

I've listed all the products I used in the description bar below the video.

Enjoy,

Dixie Girlxox

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this looks great! Have you tried Daily Charme's version?

    ReplyDelete

Hayley Larue Design