Sunday 21 July 2013

CND Shellac & Transfer Foils
 
I've been buying up every single foil I can find on Ebay over the last few months and I've now got an amazing collection.  The three on the left are water drops (although I like to think the green and pink looks like water melons) and the one on the right is obviously checkered.
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE my foils and they go so well with CND Shellac.
 
I've learned a new trick recently for amazing full coverage.
 
  1. Colour coats as normal.  Second colour coat, cure.
  2. On the tacky layer of the second colour coat add foil adhesive and cure for two minutes.  I know this is unusual but it really helps the foil stick.
  3. Add the foil to the nail and rub very thoroughly.  Some people use a cotton pad to rub.  I prefer my finger and finger nail.
  4. Carefully remove the foil backing and top coat twice for extra protection.
  5. Remove tacky layer and add SolarOil.
Practice makes perfect but if you use this method you should have no major issues.
 
Kate xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design